19 of the World’s Largest Cities go ECO - Aug 2108
Net Zero Carbon Buildings Declaration - 19 cities sign Aug 2018
- All new buildings to be carbon neutral by 2030
- All existing buildings by 2050
London, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Monica,
Washington DC, Portland, Paris, Tokyo, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver,
Copenhagen, Johannesburg, Newburyport, Stockholm, Sydney, Tshwane.
“Climate change poses an existential threat to New York City.
Making our buildings more sustainable & efficient is key”
Mayor of New York Bill de Blasio
ZERO NET ENERGY
Zero Net Energy building codes have been adopted by
California and many Northern States.
- All new residential to be Net Zero Energy by 2020
- All new commercial to be Net Zero Energy by 2030
Many major cities globally are changing their regulations.
- London 2018 - all new houses have to be zero carbon
- London 2019 - all new buildings have to be zero carbon
- Czech Republic all new houses from 2019 onwards have to meet
- Malaysia, cities are focussing on reducing carbon emissions
“Houses, offices and other buildings account for more than half
of all planet-warming gasses emitted by urban areas”
C40 Cities, a network of cities pushing climate action
London, Los Angeles and Paris
- 70% of all greenhouse emissions are from houses, offices and buildings
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development to lead €2 billion round with €500m to ensure up to 60 cities enact critical climate actions.
RDA’s products already meet these standards
- We are already using the most sustainable construction processes
- We can manufacture and sell a range of retrofit products for existing buildings
OSB3 & Polyurethane (PU) Benefits
OSB (Oriented Strand Board) with Polyurethane foam is the gold standard
for “Passivhaus” construction.
Passivhaus is the German term for ECO buildings
that use 90% less heating energy than normal buildings.
Passivhaus and construction sells for a very large premium over traditional methods.
RDA SAVES 233 tons of CO2 for every 1 ton produced
by using PU insulation
RDA’s Energy Efficient & Sustainable Formula
• OSB combined with Polyurethane - premium formulation for energy efficiency
• The OSB and PU foam core are autohesively bonded
to form an extremely strong SIPS Panel
• The thermal Resistance (R value) and Thermal Insulation (lambda / U value) are vastly superior to mineral wool, glass wool, polystyrene and nearly all other forms of construction
• Exceptional wall Lambda/U values of 0.10 – 0.20 W/m2 K
• Extremely low thermal bridging
• Excellent Air Tightness - vastly superior to 10 m3/hour/m2 at 50 Pa
required by Building Regulations
• Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)
• Low Global Warming Potential (GWP) blowing agent used
75% - 90% less heat and a/c costs
traditional concrete/brick construction.
Thickness needed to achieve heat insulation
Smaller = Superior
All of our OSB is PEFC certified throughout the chain
sourced from sustainable forests.
Using highly thermal efficient building panels and air tight construction
- our projects use 75-90% less heating
and less than 50% of the cooling
compared to conventional brick and concrete buildings.
The carbon footprint is reduced by at least 75%
compared to conventional construction.
THE WORLDS LARGEST POLLUTER
The construction industry counts as one of the highest contributors of energy waste.
Additionally conventional buildings account for over 40%
of the world’s annual emissions
- Heating Costs
- Heating Losses directly effect global warming
1 ton Cement = 1 ton CO2
Burning around 0.75 tons of fossil fuel for 1 ton of cement - to heat the Limestone to 1,450oC…
- We replace 90% of the cement in walls and floors with Wood, OSB and PU
- Wood and OSB have the added value of storing carbon
- PU is a by-product of petroleum production
1 ton Steel = 6.1 tons of greenhouse gases
- up to 12 tons for old plants - page 12
1 ton Aluminium = 11.9 tons of greenhouse gases
- up to 20 tons for old plants, average 11.9 tons - page 11
3X as much steel is used in Construction as Cars
- We use next to zero steel & aluminium in our construction
- Replacing them with OSB-PU
- Light, strong
- Naturally insulating composite
Our technology meets standards to help prevent climate change.
This is the world’s largest growth market.
70% LESS LORRIES
VASTLY REDUCED NOISE & POLLUTION
Significantly less disruption to the local community
and prominent stakeholders.
90% less waste ...
Councils and Planning Committees put considerable weight on these factors.
© RDA 2019 All rights reserved